Tokio Marine Retirement GIO is offered by Tokio Marine agents, CIMB relationship managers and independent financial advisors. It is designed to help one to plan for his or her retirement. This plan provides a lifetime annual retirement income from the policyholder’s chosen retirement age of 55, 60, 65. There are 3 payment terms options and they are 5 years, 10 years and 15 years.
One unique feature of Tokio Marine Retirement GIO that the projected surrender value and death benefit (during the payout period) are always higher than the total premium paid even after the annual payout is received. Unlikely other retirement plans, the projected surrender values and death benefit decreases to zero as the insured receives more payout during the retirement period.
Image is taken from TokioMarine.com
Pros of Tokio Marine Retirement GIO
- The retirement payout is lifetime and it will pay as long as the insured is alive (even if he/she lives beyond 100 years old!)
- The death benefit is higher than the total premium paid even after the annual payout is received. Unlikely other retirement plans, the death benefit decreases (even drop to zero) as the insured receives more payout during the retirement.
- The projected surrender value is also higher than the total premium paid even after the annual payout is received. This can serve as part of an emergency fund during retirement.
- Tokio Marine has a good historical performance of the participating fund.
Cons of Tokio Marine Retirement GIO
- The annual payout is slightly lower compared to other retirement plans.
- The annual payout is has a lower guarantee component and a higher projected component.
- The payout is annual instead of monthly.
- Contact us here if you want to know the full list of cons for Tokio Marine Retirement GIO
To know if Tokio Marine Retirement GIO is able to honour the projected return base on historical performance.
To know how Tokio Marine Retirement GIO compares with other insurers’ retirement solutions.
To see how Tokio Marine Retirement GIO fits your personal retirement planning.
Fill up the form below and our advisor will tailor an retirement plan comparison for you
Beside Tokio Marine Retirement GIO, you may want to read up more about insurance plan review at out homepage here.