OCBC MaxGrowth Enhanced is an anticipated endowment insurance plan offered by OCBC bankers. It is commonly seen during roadshows and often positioned as a ‘savings plan’ which offers higher interest rate as compared to the savings account. There are two options for policy term of 10 and 15 years
The premium payment term is only 5 years as the premium for the remaining policy years will be offset by the Survival Benefit (100% of the annual premium) from the end of the 5th policy year to one year before maturity. This policy is a guaranteed issuance offer policy with no medical underwriting.
Image is taken from ocbc.com
Pros of MaxGrowth Enhanced
- Short payment term of 5 years or a single prepayment for the 10 years option.
- The interest rate offered is potentially higher than the bank deposit rates
Cons of MaxGrowth Enhanced
- Based on the above from OCBC website, the guaranteed yield is -1.42% p.a. for a 10 years plan with 5 years limited payment. There are endowment plans that give a higher return with similar policy period.
- The guaranteed and projected yield is 2.60% p.a. Again, there are several endowment plans from other insurers that give a higher guaranteed return.
While the prepayment option gives a 5% discount (that translate to a saving of $2,801.25), the guaranteed and projected yield is 2.61% p.a. and the guaranteed yield is -0.62%. Hence, the yield is also not competitiveThe prepayment option has temporarily removed from the OCBC website.
Our MaxGrowth Enhanced comparison table
- Several insurers offer endowment policy that is similar to OCBC MaxGrowth Enhanced
- Based on the information on OCBC website, we came up a comparison table and a computation table to calculate the actual return of 2 similar plans that are popular in the market
- The comparison table is shown in the picture below
We understand from our client that there is bundle promotion available. Other insurers also have competitive customer promotions. Talk to us here and find out more.
To find out how we calculated the actual return of OCBC MaxGrowth Enhanced
To find out how OCBC MaxGrowth Enhanced compares to other plans in the market
To understand if MaxGrowth Enhanced is suitable for your needs
Fill up the form below and our advisor will prepare a competitive comparison for you
Before you commit to the OCBC MaxGrowth Enhanced plan, we commend you to read one of our most read article on “8 Things to consider when you buy an endowment (savings) plan”.