AIA Beyond Critical Care is a term insurance policy that covers critical illnesses (including rediagnosed and selected recurred critical illness), mental illnesses, and death. The coverage of this insurance is until age 85, or for a minimum coverage period of 30 years, whichever is later. There is an optional rider that waived all future premium when the insured is diagnosed with a Critical Illness
There are 5 mental illnesses covered in AIA Beyond Critical Care and they are
- Major depressive disorder (MDD)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Bipolar disorder
- Tourette syndrome (TS)
Upon the diagnosed of any one of the above mental illness, the policy will pay out 20% of the basic sum insured. Do note that each mental illnesses can be claimed only once. The maximum payout per mental illness is S$50,000. The total payout for all mental illnesses under this policy or any other policy issued by AIA is capped at S$150,000
Above screenshot is taken from aia.com.sg
Pros of AIA Beyond Critical Care
- The first policy that covers mental illness
- Refund of premium at the end of policy term. The refund amount will be the total premium paid for the basic plan (exclude riders if any) less claim paid out for this plan.
Cons of AIA Beyond Critical Care
- It does not cover early stage critical illness such as early stage cancer
- The policy term is fixed at until 85 years old, there is no other policy term such as until age 75 or policy term of 25 years to lower the insurance premium.
To find out more about the features of Beyond Critical Care
To understand how Beyond Critical Care can fit into your protection needs
To know how Beyond Critical Care compares to other solutions such as multiple critical illnesses claim in the market
Fill up the form below for a discussion on AIA Beyond Critical Care
If you are looking for an insurance plan that can offer lifetime critical illness coverage, instead of AIA Beyond Critical Care, you may want to read more here.