NTUC RevoRetire is marketed by NTUC agents and Independent Financial Advisors (IFA). It is a limited payment participating endowment which provides monthly Retirement Income (both guaranteed and projected) for 10, 20 or 30 years after the end of the accumulation period. It is a guaranteed issued offer plan as it does not take into the policyholder’s medical condition upon sign up.
NTUC RevoRetire’s accumulation period starts from policy commencement date, for 10 years, 15 years or up to the policy anniversary immediately after age 50, 55, 60, 65 last birthday. At the end of the accumulation period, the policy will pay out a monthly payment (guaranteed and projected) for 10, 20 or 30 years. Do note the policyholder has the option to change the payout period 30 days before the policy pays the first regular payment.
There are three options for payment terms:
- Limited payment of 5 years.
- Limited payment of 10 years.
- Limited payment up to 5 years before the end of the accumulation period.
Image is taken from income.com.sg
Pros of NTUC RevoRetire
- It is one of the few retirement plans that allow policyholders to change the payout period after the inception of the policy. Hence, it provides a lot of flexibility in planning one’s retirement
- Early payout age compared to a majority of retirement plan in the market. For example, a policyholder of age 30 could start receiving the monthly payout as early as age 40.
- The monthly payout consists of a high portion of guaranteed amount for the 10 years payout option.
- Disability Care Benefit pays an additional one time of the guaranteed monthly payout during the payout period if the insured is diagnosed with one of the fours conditions. We feel that this is easier to claim compared to other retirement plans that pay an additional monthly amount upon claiming the ElderShield.
Cons of NTUC RevoRetire
- There is no maturity benefit in this plan unlike to most retirement plan in the market. NTUC RevoRetire is designed to distribute the payout evenly through the payout period.
- Based on the last ten years data that we have collected, NTUC’s participating fund has been performing close to the projection of 4.75% per annum.
- Contact us here if you want to know the full list of cons for NTUC Flexiretire.
To know if NTUC RevoRetire can honour the projected return base on historical performance
To know how NTUC RevoRetire compares with other insurers’ retirement solutions
To see how NTUC RevoRetire fits your retirement cash flow projections.
Fill up the form below and our advisor will contact you for a discussion
Beside NTUC RevoRetire, you may want to read up another retirement plan that provides lifetime payout here.